Instructions for CME Credits
After completing the monthly packages, participants will be able
Discuss the up to date medical literature on
the surgical topic presented.
- Critically appraise this literature using evidence-based criteria.
- Recognize the extent to which this literature can be applied to
the conditions of the developing world.
- Decide whether to implement the Review recommendations in their
Instructions for Registration
and Completion of Monthly Clinical Questions and Evaluation:
To be eligible for Royal College of Physicians
and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) Maintenance of Certification credits,
you must register below.
- Keep your profile up to date.
- Join the Discussion Group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Surgery-in-Africa/.
You will need to register here as well.
- Each month participate in the Discussion group and complete the
Clinical Questions and Evaluation form to obtain CME credits.
- Log-in to obtain CME credits.
- Complete the forms on-line and submit. You may print the questions
prior to completing them on-line.
- You may take multiple attempts to get the correct answer for the
Clinical Questions. There are no right answers for the Evaluation
- You will not be able to submit the form until all questions are
- After completion you will receive a certificate awarding you CME
credits for the designated month.
- You will only be able to obtain one certificate for each topic.
- The process begins October 2006 and is not retroactive.
- To receive your certificate you must complete the process during
the month of the Review and before a new Review is posted.
- If you require assistance, please contact:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section
1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by Canadian
Association of General Surgeons (6 hours).
Office of International Surgery,
The Hospital for Sick Children,
555 University Avenue, Room S1-07, Elm Wing,
Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8 CANADA